- Telecommuted from home (good)
- Doctor appointment in the afternoon (fine)
- Coming back to my car after being in the doctor's office for only one hour and finding my passenger window smashed and my GPS stolen (BAD)
- Getting my window fixed and the nice lady giving me the AAA "Gold" discount (good)
- Making my chicken mole dish for dinner (yummy)
- Going to the movies and seeing Twilight (fun)
- Coming home from the movie and seeing that Reggie's chin/neck area was very puffy (BAD)
- Not being able to sleep in because I needed to take Reggie to the vet (BAD)
- Getting to the vet right when they opened and being the first walk-in (good)
- Getting antibiotics for Reggie and the whole visit only costing me $21 - he's on the wellness plan so visits are free (GOOD!)
- After one dose of Reggie's antibiotics his neck appeared less swollen (good)
- Having Reggie keep me warm under the covers all night (good)
The vet said it was not Reggie's lymph node that was swollen (good!), but that it could either be from the saliva gland and the mucus not draining like it should, or from bacteria, which we are hoping it is. I think it is bacteria related because like I said, after only a few doses of the antibiotics it looked like the swelling had decreased. The vet asked if I had another cat at home (not my usual vet on Sunday, so he didn't know I had another sphynx at home) and I said yes. He asked if they wrestle/play fight and I said yes. His theory was that it could have resulted when Marley "bites" Reggie in that region on his neck while they are wrestling....and come to think of it, I had just brushed Marley's teeth earlier last week for the first time in several months, thus releasing lots and lots of bacteria, I'm sure!
Have a great week everyone!
Oh, and we are finally getting some "winter" weather here in So. California. Poured and poured all last night and is still raining.